Re: inserting a timestamp show wrong timezone

From: Pam Wampler <Pam_Wampler(at)taylorwhite(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pam Wampler <Pam_Wampler(at)taylorwhite(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inserting a timestamp show wrong timezone
Date: 2002-02-20 15:30:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tom
Is there a way to set time zone permanently?
I tried it on the template1 database -- then exited & went back in &
did a show time zone & said was unknown.
I need to know how to permanently set the time zone to EST
when I do a uname -a on Freebsd -- it shows EST -- but inside psql -- it
doesn't
unless I set time zone 'EST' -- and then is for only the duration of the
session.
Would it work if I put it in the postgresql.conf file?
where do you put global settings for the database ?

thanks
Pam