[Job] Looking for a Jr. Data Engineer

From: <Mark_Sloan(at)McAfee(dot)com>
To: <denpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [Job] Looking for a Jr. Data Engineer
Date: 2012-05-29 19:46:21
Lists: denpug

Hi All,

We are looking for someone to join our team here at McAfee.
I have included the Job Description below.

If you have any questions about the position feel free to ask me off-list.
If you are interested please send me your resume.

..: Mark Sloan

Junior Data Engineer

McAfee is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.

This position will work in McAfee's SaaS Business Unit, to advance the products in the various Email & Web Security teams. Serving over 4 million end-users, The Email & Web Security products are large-scale products in use worldwide. This position will be responsible for design & development of data stores and retrieval queries that support our email, archival, and web defense teams, and may be tasked with supporting other teams as needed.
This position is responsible for design, development, troubleshooting and debugging of traditional relational queries, relational databases as well as key-value and document based data stores. This also includes unstructured or loosely structured query languages. This position is an escalation point and actively supports production systems in conjunction with our operations team.

Skills Required:

* 2 years experience with the PostgreSQL database engine (version 8.0 and higher) desired or other RDBMS such as Oracle, Informix, DB2, or MySQL.
* Excellent database design, performance tuning and SQL skills
* Strong diagnosis and trouble shooting skills
* Ability to write and maintain bash shell and Perl scripts
* Adaptive to a rapidly changing environment and works creatively with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile software development group
* Excellent time management skills in handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines.
* Must work well in both a team environment as well as a sole contributor.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* 4-5 Years working experience.

Skills Desired:

* Demonstrated track record with designing and implementing data stores for large web applications a plus.
* System Administration under RedHat Linux EL 5/6 a plus.
* Puppet automated deployment module experience
* Experience with distrusted data stores such as Hadoop, Solr, MongoDB, GreenplumDB
* High Availability solutions such as LVS or heartbeat.

Education:

* Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or Similar engineering degree.

We offer a full range of competitive benefits to our full-time employees. Our extensive plan includes company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Paid Time Off, paid Holidays, Stock Options, Flexible Spending Account, Educational Assistance Program, 401(k), ESPP and more! Please visit us @ www.mcafee.com<http://www.mcafee.com> or apply online @ http://www.mcafeecareers.com/
McAfee Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. McAfee Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.