Problem with PostgreSQL 8.2 on Linux Redhat

From: "Ira Berdichevsky" <Ira(dot)Berdichevsky(at)protegrity(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with PostgreSQL 8.2 on Linux Redhat
Date: 2007-06-20 07:09:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I have some problem to configure PostgreSQL .
My OS is RedHat Enterprise 4 Linux9 32 bits) , I installed PostgreSQL
version 8.2.4.
I configured database : initdb -D /var/lib/pgsql/data -U postgres .
I changed pg_hba.conf and postgresql.config files :
pg_hba.conf:
local all all trust
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
host all all 0.0.0./0 md5
host all all 10.0.0.40/128 md5

postgresql.config:
listen_addresses = '*'
port = 5433

I started POstgreSQL and checked that it is run.
I checked with "psql -h 10.0.0.40 -p 5433" command and saw that
PostgreSQL respond it.
The problem is I still couldn't connect to PostgreSQL from Windows
pgAdmin agent.
I have this error connection: "Server doesn't listen".
I don't have problem with firewall.
Do you have any idea what is the problem?
Thanks.
Ira