Re: Parallel grouping sets

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Pengzhou Tang <ptang(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jesse Zhang <sbjesse(at)gmail(dot)com>, Richard Guo <riguo(at)pivotal(dot)io>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Parallel grouping sets
Date: 2020-07-12 20:30:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 25 Mar 2020, at 15:35, Pengzhou Tang <ptang(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, the patch has a memory leak in the lookup_hash_entries, it uses a list_concat there
> and causes a 64-byte leak for every tuple, has fixed that.
>
> Also, resolved conflicts and rebased the code.

While there hasn't been a review of this version, it no longer applies to HEAD.
There was also considerable discussion in a (virtual) hallway-track session
during PGCon which reviewed the approach (for lack of a better description),
deeming that nodeAgg.c needs a refactoring before complicating it further.
Based on that, and an off-list discussion with Melanie who had picked up the
patch, I'm marking this Returned with Feedback.

cheers ./daniel