Re: right sibling is not next child

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Peter Brant" <Peter(dot)Brant(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: right sibling is not next child
Date: 2006-04-12 16:03:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Peter Brant" <Peter(dot)Brant(at)wicourts(dot)gov> writes:
> I can't find any duplicates?!?

Weirder and weirder. Maybe the table is OK but the index is corrupt?

Could it be another symptom of the same problem we're seeing in the
Panel_pkey index? I'm currently theorizing that that index might've
been corrupted during WAL replay (specifically, if the replayer somehow
failed to recognize a split completion, btree_xlog_cleanup would've
inserted an extra entry) and one could certainly imagine multiple
indexes getting corrupted in the same fashion at the same time. You
did say that this problem showed up shortly after a database crash,
right?

Could you send me a copy of pg_statistic_relid_att_index, off-list
(the actual disk file, not a pg_filedump)? There's nothing but table
OIDs and attribute numbers in it, so I can't see any reason anyone
would consider it sensitive data. I've got some really crude code
laying about for scanning an index and looking for inconsistencies ...
it's too ugly to give out, but I'd like to see if it can find anything
wrong with that index. (I'll probably ask for a copy of Panel_pkey
for the same purpose, if you get permission to show us its keys.)