Re: Comparison of Postgres vs MySQL

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stoffel van Aswegen <Stoffelva(at)gmsi(dot)co(dot)za>
Subject: Re: Comparison of Postgres vs MySQL
Date: 2000-10-17 05:56:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

Stoffel van Aswegen <Stoffelva(at)gmsi(dot)co(dot)za> writes:
> I found this on the web.(I don't know when it was published.) The comments
> on the stability concerns me. Has anyone experienced this?

Oleg reads the pgsql lists, or at least used to, so he may respond
himself. (If not, try asking on pgsql-general.) But I will note
that this page doesn't seem to have been updated since v6.5:

: Certainly, 6.5 was MUCH better that 6.4,
: and I hope 7.0 will be better that 6.5, but...

7.0 fixed a boatload of problems, and I expect 7.1 will fix more...