Re: alloc error on multiple action-queries within a rule

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: oertel(at)uni-tuebingen(dot)de, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: alloc error on multiple action-queries within a rule
Date: 2001-08-04 17:46:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org writes:
> please do not hesitate to contact me if any further information is needed.

Unfortunately your sample code is far from complete --- I got as far as
noticing that there were no declarations for tables _tax_families,
_tax_orders, _tax_classes, _tax_realms, no ON INSERT rule for view
_tax_genuses, and nothing at all about tax_aliases, before giving up.

Please submit a complete dump script that can be loaded into an empty
database to set up the failure scenario.

It's possible that the problem is the same as one we already noticed
and fixed --- see
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/rewrite/rewriteHandler.c
You could try replacing rewriteHandler.c with version 1.93.2.1 from that
page and see if your problem goes away.