Need help doing a CSV import

From: DMan65 <tony(at)exquisiteimages(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need help doing a CSV import
Date: 2010-07-13 23:25:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am in the process of moving a FoxPro based system to PostgreSQL.

We have several tables that have memo fields which contain carriage returns
and line feeds that I need to preserve. I thought if I converted these into
the appropriate \r and \n codes that they would be imported as carriage
returns and line feeds, but instead they are stored in the database as \r
and \n.

The command I am using is:

copy main.company
from E'f:\company.csv"
DELIMITER "|"
CSV HEADER QUOTE '"' ESCAPE E'\\';

The command imports all of the data, but I want the escaped codes to be
expanded to their actual values.

Can anyone assist me with this?