Re: MSVC SSL test failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MSVC SSL test failure
Date: 2021-12-05 17:50:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I am getting this test failure 001_ssltests.pl on my test MSVC system
> when SSL tests are enabled:

> not ok 110 - certificate authorization fails with revoked client cert with server-side CRL directory: matches

> # Failed test 'certificate authorization fails with revoked client cert with server-side CRL directory: matches'
> # at t/001_ssltests.pl line 618.
> # 'psql: error: connection to server at "127.0.0.1", port 59491 failed: server closed the connection unexpectedly
> # This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> # before or while processing the request.
> # server closed the connection unexpectedly
> # This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> # before or while processing the request.
> # server closed the connection unexpectedly
> # This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> # before or while processing the request.'
> # doesn't match '(?^:SSL error: sslv3 alert certificate revoked)'

> There's nothing terribly suspicious in the server log, so I'm not quite
> sure what's going on here.

Hmm .. does enabling log_connections/log_disconnections produce
any useful info?

This looks quite a bit like the sort of failure that commit
6051857fc was meant to forestall. I wonder whether reverting
that commit changes the results? You might also try inserting
a shutdown() call, as we'd decided not to do [1].

regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1283317.1638213407%40sss.pgh.pa.us