Re: [HACKERS] Adding column_constraint description in ALTER TABLE synopsis

From: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Lætitia Avrot <laetitia(dot)avrot(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Adding column_constraint description in ALTER TABLE synopsis
Date: 2018-01-23 01:50:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2018/01/23 8:57, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Thomas Munro
> <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 2:32 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
>>> If someone else would like to review it, that'd be great, otherwise I'll
>>> probably get it committed soon.
>>
>> FYI the v2 doesn't build:
>>
>> ref/alter_table.sgml:135: parser error : Opening and ending tag
>> mismatch: refentry line 6 and synopsis
>> </synopsis>
>
> Here's an update to move the new stuff to the correct side of the
> closing "</synopsis>". Builds for me, and the typesetting looks OK.
> I'm not sure why the preexisting bogo-productions have inconsistent
> indentation levels (looking at table_constraint_using_index) but
> that's not this patch's fault.

Thanks for fixing that.

I noticed that partition_bound_spec in the patch is missing hash partition
bound syntax that was added after the original patch was written. Fixed
in the attached.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment Content-Type Size
adding_column_constraint_description_in_ALTER_TABLE_synopsis_v4.patch text/plain 3.9 KB