Bizarre choice of case for RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Bizarre choice of case for RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE
Date: 2017-03-07 17:55:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there a good reason why RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE is 'P' not 'p'?
It looks rather out of place considering that seven of the eight
pre-existing relkind codes are lower case. (And no, I don't especially
approve of RELKIND_SEQUENCE being 'S' either, but it's far too late to
change that.) Also, in typical low-res monospaced fonts, there's nearly
no difference except vertical alignment between P and p, meaning that in
something like

regression=# select distinct relkind from pg_class;
relkind
---------
(8 rows)

you have to look rather closely even to notice that what you're seeing
isn't in the case you might expect.

I think we should change this while we still can.