Re: Going for "all green" buildfarm results

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Going for "all green" buildfarm results
Date: 2006-06-02 13:22:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> writes:
> FWIW: lionfish had a weird make check error 3 weeks ago which I
> (unsuccessfully) tried to reproduce multiple times after that:

> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=lionfish&dt=2006-05-12%2005:30:14

Weird.

SELECT ''::text AS eleven, unique1, unique2, stringu1
FROM onek WHERE unique1 < 50
ORDER BY unique1 DESC LIMIT 20 OFFSET 39;
! ERROR: could not open relation with OID 27035

AFAICS, the only way to get that error in HEAD is if ScanPgRelation
can't find a pg_class row with the mentioned OID. Presumably 27035
belongs to "onek" or one of its indexes. The very next command also
refers to "onek", and doesn't fail, so what we seem to have here is
a transient lookup failure. We've found a btree bug like that once
before ... wonder if there's still one left?