Re: [BUGS] like operator bug

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jfaith <jfaith(at)cemsys(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] like operator bug
Date: 1999-09-07 13:43:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

jfaith <jfaith(at)cemsys(dot)com> writes:
> create table tst(addr char(4));
> insert into tst values('1000');
> insert into tst values('1010');
> insert into tst values('1120');
> select * from tst where addr like '1%0';
> produces
> addr
> ----
> 1120(1 row)
> where it should return all of the example rows.

You are right. I think that's my fault :-(. Will fix it.

> Also the bug tracking system at
> http://www.PostgreSQL.ORG/bugs/visitor.php3
> is not functioning(I reported this like bug about 2 weeks ago slip 72 I
> think).

We have concluded that reporting bugs via the bugs email list is a
better approach than having people make direct entries into the bug
tracking system. Theoretically the bug tracking system is for letting
people know what the status of known bugs is ... but I'm not sure if
anyone is maintaining it very diligently :-(. The website needs to be
updated to explain that you should still submit bugs via pgsql-bugs.

regards, tom lane