Re: Remaining PDF layout issues

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remaining PDF layout issues
Date: 2020-05-12 05:10:06
Lists: pgsql-docs

I wrote:
>> Table 27.4 is annoying: it could be made to work, just barely, with some
>> hacking of the column widths and a &zwsp; or two. But it's not stable
>> text so I have little faith in the longevity of such a solution,
>> especially if people keep on inventing long wait event names. I also
>> find it not very readable, even in a wide window. The first idea that
>> comes to mind is to split it into multiple tables, one per "Wait Event
>> Type", so that we don't need the lefthand column.

Here's an attempt at doing it that way. I think this might be a better
answer, although it's still subject to problems if anyone's logorrhea gets
any worse in naming wait conditions: "SerializablePredicateLockListLock"
is still going to force manually tweaking the column widths.

I sorted the names here, too.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix-wait-event-table-2.patch text/x-diff 86.3 KB