pg_dump

From: David Saracini <dsaracini(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql novice forum <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump
Date: 2009-08-21 04:58:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello All... I've been doing some work tonight to try and put a class wrapper around pg_dump in c# so that I could create a back up schedule in my code. I have to say that this is one of the first areas of pgsql that I find really lacking. For example, there seems to be lots of "tricks" that people have come up with to work around not being able to pass a password.

Ultimately, what I would like is to have my app server kick off every night at a configurable time and save a backup to a configurable location. Any advice on how to accomplish this and do it without writing the password to disk?

Also, where is the best place to post feature enhancement suggestions for PostgreSQL?

Thanks in advance.

David

  • Re: pg_dump at 2009-08-25 13:46:27 from Josh Kupershmidt