Re: Large C files

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jan Urbański <wulczer(at)wulczer(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Large C files
Date: 2011-09-08 19:10:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> You clearly have the bit between your teeth on this.

Personally, I'm neither intending to break up xlog.c right now, nor
asking you to do it. I'm just objecting to your claim that there
should be some project-policy restriction on when refactoring gets done.
I do have other refactoring-ish plans in mind, eg
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/9232.1315441364@sss.pgh.pa.us
and am not going to be happy if you claim I can't do that now.