Re: BUG #6704: ALTER EXTENSION postgis SET SCHEMA leaves dangling relations

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jeff(at)pgexperts(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6704: ALTER EXTENSION postgis SET SCHEMA leaves dangling relations
Date: 2012-06-23 02:37:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

jeff(at)pgexperts(dot)com writes:
> DROP and CREATE extension appear to work fine, but if you ALTER EXTENSION
> postgis SET SCHEMA foo, it leaves a few relations behind.

What it seems to be leaving behind is indexes ... also relation rowtypes.

A bit of looking shows that ALTER EXTENSION SET SCHEMA calls
AlterObjectNamespace_oid on the table. AlterObjectNamespace_oid
calls AlterRelationNamespaceInternal, and nothing else. In comparison,
ALTER TABLE SET SCHEMA (AlterTableNamespace) calls
AlterRelationNamespaceInternal and about four other things. I'm not
sure if this was broken before the last round of refactoring in this
area, but for sure it's broken now.