Re: Not *quite* there on ecpg fixes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Not *quite* there on ecpg fixes
Date: 2007-10-04 18:12:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 12:35:29PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> The libpq exports.txt has spaces, not tabs, as separators. In fact, if
>> you see the .def files you notice that the generated files for ecpg are
>> all wrong.

> Right, that's it.

I see that libpq manufactures three different .def files, whereas the
ecpg code is only making two. Is this OK or an oversight? I'm not
clear on the reason for the two different "MSVC" .def files in libpq.

Also, do we actually care about supporting Borland builds of ecpg ---
maybe we don't need the 'b' versions for ecpg?