Re: CommitFest 2010-07 week four progress report

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest 2010-07 week four progress report
Date: 2010-08-12 18:20:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-rrreviewers

> With about 56 hours left until the close of the CommitFest, we're
> down to two "Ready for Committer" and three other potentially
> committable patches.

I'm working on the pgbench latency patch now, and expect to have it
committed today. I'll look at xml_is_well_formed next, unless somebody
beats me to it. pg_stat_get_backend_server_addr is Peter's to commit,
and I suppose Robert will commit the BackendId-in-relpath patch after
another round of tweaking. gincostestimate may as well be moved to
Returned With Feedback, since Teodor doesn't seem to be responding
(on vacation, perhaps).

> Do we have a plan (with a time line) for
> producing an 9.1alpha1 release after the CF closes?

I don't think anyone's thought about it much. I'm tempted to propose
that we delay it until after the git conversion, so that alpha1 is the
first tarball we try to produce from the git repository. I would just
as soon that that first time be with something noncritical ;-)