pg_basebackup -F plain -R overwrites postgresql.auto.conf

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_basebackup -F plain -R overwrites postgresql.auto.conf
Date: 2020-02-10 07:58:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I found that pg_basebackup -F plain -R *overwrites* postgresql.auto.conf
taken from the primary server with new primary_conninfo setting,
while pg_basebackup -F tar -R just *appends* it into the file. I think that
this is a bug and pg_basebackup -F plain -R should *append* the setting.
Thought?

I attached the patch to fix the bug. This patch should be back-patch to
v12.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT DATA CORPORATION

Attachment Content-Type Size
basebackup_append_conninfo.patch text/plain 587 bytes