Data Migration Wizard and rollbacks

From: "John Wells" <jb(at)sourceillustrated(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Data Migration Wizard and rollbacks
Date: 2003-01-17 14:37:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

I've been using the Database Migration Wizard to port a Sql Server
database, and it's an awesome tool. It's already saved me soooo much
time.

Was wondering if there's a way to configure the tool to start a new
transaction for each table and set of data it's moving. The problem is,
I'm porting a rather large database over a DSL connection, and the
connection often drops. I'll be 30 tables into a migration and my
connection will drop, causing the entire migration to rollback. It'd be
useful if I could tell it to just rollback an incomplete table migration,
rather than the entire db migration.

If no way exists currently, I'd be interested in possibly adding the
functionality. Trying to download the source out of cvs, but it keeps
timing out on me.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

John