Re: BUG #18274: Error 'invalid XML content'

From: Dmitry Koval <d(dot)koval(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18274: Error 'invalid XML content'
Date: 2024-01-16 13:55:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi!

Thanks for the recommendations.

>- Document in a comment why a fake root node is necessary (aka the
> current routines don't give enough control over the limits you'd
>like to enforce).

Comment expanded (see src/backend/utils/adt/xml.c).

>- The top comment of xml_parse() still mentions
>xmlParseBalancedChunkMemory() as an effect of 483bdb2afec9, so this
>needs to be updated.

Updated.

>Also, it may be worth double-checking if there are other things marked
>as deprecated in the upstream doc, and switch to "newer" things.

I found another deprecated function xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault [1]
(contrib/xml2). xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault was removed and added the
XML_PARSE_NOENT flag in functions xmlReadMemory instead it.

[1]https://gnome.pages.gitlab.gnome.org/libxml2/devhelp/libxml2-parser.html#xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Koval

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Added-support-of-XML_PARSE_HUGE-flag-for-XML-docu.patch text/plain 6.5 KB