Re: Createlang error installing SQL-Ledger

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Roland Giesler" <roland(at)giesler(dot)za(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Createlang error installing SQL-Ledger
Date: 2005-04-27 18:12:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Roland Giesler" <roland(at)giesler(dot)za(dot)net> writes:
> I'm trying to install SQL-Ledger on a Mandrake 10.0 box, but I get the
> following error

> [postgres(at)localhost sql-ledger]$ createlang plpgsql template1
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR: could not access file
> "$libdir/plpgsql": No such file or directory

In this context $libdir means whatever directory was configured as the
location of dynamically loadable modules. You can find that out from
pg_config --pkglibdir
There should be a file named something like plpgsql.so in that directory
(possibly a different extension depending on what platform you are on).
If not, you don't have a complete Postgres installation ... maybe you
omitted some RPMs?