Re: Replica online

From: Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmaseda <mlortiz(at)uci(dot)cu>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: leandro rios <riosleandro(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jose Antonio Garcia Torres <joseagarcia(at)edelca(dot)com(dot)ve>
Subject: Re: Replica online
Date: 2009-09-22 19:12:31
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

El de Skype está integrado en el paquete skytools el cual está en PgFoundry. está integrado por Londiste (Replicador), PgQ (Sistema de pila) y walmgr (archivado de WAL). Les dejo la descripción del paquete en inglés:

= SkyTools - tools for PostgreSQL =

This is a package of tools in use in Skype for replication and
failover. Also it includes a generic queuing mechanism PgQ and
utility library for Python scripts.

== Overview ==

It contains following tools:

=== PgQ ===

This is the queue machanism we use. Consists of PL/pgsql, and C code
in database, with Python framework on top of it. It is based on
snapshot based event handling ideas from Slony-I, written for general
usage.

Features:

- There can be several queues in database.
- There can be several producers than can insert into any queue.
- There can be several consumers on one queue and all consumers see
all events.

Documentation:

- PgQ admin tool (pgqadm) usage: doc/pgq-admin.txt
- PgQ SQL API overview: doc/pgq-sql.txt
- PgQ SQL reference: http://skytools.projects.postgresql.org/pgq/

=== Londiste ===

Replication tool written in Python, using PgQ as event transport.

Features:

- Tables can be added one-by-one into set.
- Initial COPY for one table does not block event replay for other
tables.
- Can compare tables on both sides.

Documentation:

- Londiste script usage: doc/londiste.cmdline.txt
(also available as `man 1 londiste`)
- Londiste configuration: doc/londiste.config.txt
(also available as `man 5 londiste`)
- Londiste reference: doc/londiste.ref.txt

=== walmgr ===

This script will setup WAL archiving, does initial backup and
runtime WAL archive and restore.

Saludos y espero que les sirva de algo. Usando estas herramientas es que Skype ha crecido y escalado sus servidores PostgreSQL.

"The hurry is enemy of the success: for that reason.......Be patient"

Ing. Marcos L. Ortiz Valmaseda
Línea Soporte y Despliegue
Centro de Tecnologías de Almacenamiento y Análisis de Datos (CENTALAD)

Linux User # 418229
PostgreSQL User
http://www.postgresql.org
http://www.planetpostgresql.org/