Re: PG 8.0: the launch clock is running

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG 8.0: the launch clock is running
Date: 2005-01-10 19:37:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

... er, no it isn't.

The patch for the "SMgrRelation hashtable corrupted" bug seems not
totally trivial; between that and the fact that we were already shaving
the testing interval for RC4, the core committee feels we can't go ahead
with pushing out 8.0 today.

We'll push an RC5 tonight instead, with hopes of wrapping 8.0 final next
Monday and announcing next Wednesday; in other words, a one-week slip.