Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...
Date: 2004-01-20 15:56:14
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Neil Conway wrote:
>>> Was this publicly discussed anywhere?
>>
>> Oh, about 6 months ago or so ... we'd just been waiting for 7.4 to be
>> released before doing the move ...

> Can you point out where that might have been?

According to my archives, Marc has been wanting to do this for nigh two
years:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2002-02/msg00030.php
He got a lot of pushback at the time, but this past summer it was
finally agreed to do it:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-06/msg00112.php
only not during the 7.4 beta cycle. That's done, we finally got the
gborg project set up for JDBC, it's time to get on with it.