Re: pg_waldump: add test for coverage

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: Dong Wook Lee <sh95119(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_waldump: add test for coverage
Date: 2023-06-14 07:16:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 06.09.22 07:57, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I wrote a test for coverage.
>> Unfortunately, it seems to take quite a while to run the test.
>> I want to improve these execution times, but I don't know exactly what
>> to do.
>> Therefore, I want to hear feedback from many people.

> I think having some more test coverage for pg_waldump would be good, so
> I encourage you to continue working on this.

I made an updated patch that incorporates many of your ideas and code,
just made it a bit more compact, and added more tests for various
command-line options. This moves the test coverage of pg_waldump from
"bloodbath" to "mixed fruit salad", which I think is pretty good
progress. And now there is room for additional patches if someone wants
to figure out, e.g., how to get more complete coverage in gindesc.c or
whatever.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Add-more-pg_waldump-tests.patch text/plain 8.2 KB