Re: FATAL: lock AccessShareLock on object 0/1260/0 is already held

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: daveg <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FATAL: lock AccessShareLock on object 0/1260/0 is already held
Date: 2011-09-08 15:31:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

daveg <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net> writes:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 09:02:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> daveg <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net> writes:
>>> The first version we saw it on was 8.4.7.

>> Yeah, you said that. I was wondering what you'd last run before 8.4.7.

> Sorry, misunderstood. We were previously running 8.4.4, but have been on 8.4.7
> since shortly after it was released. Prior to that we have had all the major
> and most of the minor releases since 7.1.

Well, I groveled through the commit logs from 8.4.4 to 8.4.7, and
I can't find anything that looks like it could possibly be related.
So at this point I'm inclined to think that the bug is older than
that, but your usage patterns changed so that you started to tickle it.

Can you think of any changes in your usage that might date to around
that time, and would somehow be connected to backend startup/shutdown?