Re: Mailing List Question

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2002-03-28 03:48:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>> I've always has this suspicion that every time I send an email with 'SET
>> NULL' in the subject it doesn't get through!!! I've even commented on that
>> on the list before!

> The fact this is done silently is clearly unacceptable.

Agreed. Curiously, though, I've always gotten notifications whenever
any of my messages got held up for moderator approval. Seems like there
are two questions for Marc here:

1. Why is the system failing to notify some people about their messages
being delayed?

2. Shouldn't the filter patterns be tightened up considerably? For
example, I consider it sheer folly that I cannot use the word "c*ncel"
in a Postgres discussion group without my posting being held up for
several days.