Re: Win32 regression test status

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Win32 regression test status
Date: 2004-02-24 15:32:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-patches

Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com> writes:
> The join and rules failures don't look material, AFAICS, as the right rows
> are returned, just not necessarily in the expected order... is this an
> issue? Is the order mandated in these cases. Again, afaIcs, it isn't, but
> strictly I'm out of my depth here.

It's not mandated but we need to know why this platform acts differently
from the rest. The join failures look like it may be an issue of the
qsort() implementation acting differently for equal keys than most do.
Not sure whether the same applies to rules.

> This leaves the stats test as possibly the only real remaining failure. An
> analysis (collector not running?) based on the diff would be
> appreciated,

Not running or not receiving data, likely. You could perhaps attach to
the stats collector process with a debugger and watch to see if it's
doing anything.