Re: BUG #5773: DEBUG: reaping dead processes DEBUG: server process (PID 10007) was terminated by signal 11: Segme

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Balamurugan Mahendran <balamurugan(at)adaptavant(dot)com>
Cc: Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5773: DEBUG: reaping dead processes DEBUG: server process (PID 10007) was terminated by signal 11: Segme
Date: 2010-11-28 16:25:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Balamurugan Mahendran <balamurugan(at)adaptavant(dot)com> writes:
> I am not sure that I'll get all my needed function from built-in UUID. I got
> the source from the below link also this works perfectly fine with 8.3
> version(in my understanding).

> http://ring.nict.go.jp/archives/misc/db/postgresql/projects/gborg/uniqueidentifier/stable/uniqueidentifier-0.2.tar.gz

No, it doesn't work "perfectly fine" with 8.3, it's got the same bug it
always had. You were just lucky enough to avoid stumbling over it
before.

> I am very much excited to use UUID, please let me know if there is any link
> where i can download and compile all my needed functions,

The core uuid type has all that stuff except newid(), which we judged
not to be standardizable. You can find a few different uuid-creation
functions in contrib/uuid-ossp.