Minor problems reloading dump in 7.0beta1

From: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Minor problems reloading dump in 7.0beta1
Date: 2000-02-24 14:53:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

When upgrading a server from version 6.5.2 to 7.0beta1, we hit the following
problems when reloading the data from pg_dumpall:

- Is it a "known feature" that when using "psql -f pgfull.dump" it aborts on
the "\connect" lines from pg_dumpall? The dump works fine if I start psql
and use \i to load it. (I reliase the documentation says use "psql <
filename", but I didn't read that far :-)

- It fails to reload datetime indexes, because of "DefineIndex: datetime_ops
class not found". I take it this is because of the new datetime stuff, but
it should at least be put into some notes somewhere that you have to tweak
the pg_dump output for these.

- It also failed to reload a view, but that was because the old pg_dump
dumped it as both a table and a view. Nothing wrong with 7.0 there.

Apart from these very minor issues, the reload went just fine. Just figured
that these small things should perhaps go into some notices somewhere.

//Magnus