JDBC exception, incompatible types in simple stored procedure.

From: uprooter <uprooter(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC exception, incompatible types in simple stored procedure.
Date: 2009-01-16 08:42:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello.
I'm using this code to access a very simple stored procedure that has 1 in
parameter and 1 out parameter:
String url = "jdbc:postgresql://localhost/DB2";
Properties props = new Properties();
props.setProperty("user", "user");
props.setProperty("password", "blah");
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, props);
CallableStatement upperProc = conn.prepareCall("{ ? = call stub( ? )
}");
upperProc.registerOutParameter(1, Types.OTHER);
upperProc.setInt(2, 2);
upperProc.execute();
Object upperCased = upperProc.getObject(1);
System.out.println("uppercased:" + upperCased.toString());
upperProc.close();

I'm getting the following exception:
Exception in thread "main" org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: A
CallableStatement function was executed and the out parameter 1 was of type
java.sql.Types=-5 however type java.sql.Types=1111 was registered.

I know I can register to another type but due to other restrictions I can't
change the registration type.
Any idea ?
Thanks.