Crash Recovery

From: Noah Silverman <noah(at)allresearch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Crash Recovery
Date: 2003-01-24 03:32:58
Lists: pgsql-performance
To preface my question, we are still in the process of evaluating postgres
to determine if we want to switch our production environment over.

I'm curious about where I can find documentation about crash recovery in
postgres.  In mysql, there is a nice table recovery utility (myisamchk).
is there something similar in postgres?  What do we do if a table or
database becomes corrupted? (I'm aware of backup techniques, but it isn't
feasible for some of our larger tables.  We're already running on raid 5,
but can't do much more)

Thanks,

-N

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Ron MayerDate: 2003-01-24 04:16:09