Re: Two Flyers

From: "Jussi(dot)Mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com" <jussi(dot)mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com>
To: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two Flyers
Date: 2004-07-06 10:07:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

I think the question here is, why do you have there a picture of an
elephant? Would a nice mouse be fine too?

If the purpose of the picture is to be a logo, then it would be best to
use the logo that is associated with what ever is the topic.

The idea is, that when the user sees that logo, he knows, that this is
the same company, software, or what ever. Seeing another kind of logo
also means, that this is something else. Maybe a pirate copy of the
original??

If people are not happy with the current logo, then perhaps we should
consider of having a new one. But changing logos is not like changing
t-shirts. It should be thought of carefully, and there should be good
reasons for doing it. And one should of course remember, that it can't
be done too often.

I think Shell is an example, that is often referred when talking about logos.

Rgs,

Jussi