Re: Text comparison suddenly can't find collation?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <johann(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Text comparison suddenly can't find collation?
Date: 2012-01-13 15:43:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <johann(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> Why would a string comparison work in one case and not another? In
> the following example, it works to compare a and b, but not a and d.

> This is in a C module which calls
> DirectFunctionCall2( text_le, d1, d2 );

As of 9.1, I'd expect that coding to fail every time. text_le needs to
be passed a collation, and you aren't doing so. You need to be using
DirectFunctionCall2Coll.

Where to get the collation from might be an interesting question too,
but without more context it's hard to guess what will be appropriate for
you.