Re: A failure in t/001_rep_changes.pl

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A failure in t/001_rep_changes.pl
Date: 2024-02-27 06:07:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Fri, 23 Feb 2024 15:50:21 +0530, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> By any chance do you have the log files when this failure occurred, if
> so please share it.

In my understanding, within a single instance, no two proclists can
simultaneously share the same waitlink member of PGPROC.

On the other hand, a publisher uses two condition variables for slots
and WAL waiting, which work on the same PGPROC member cvWaitLink. I
suspect this issue arises from the configuration. However, although it
is unlikly related to this specific issue, a similar problem can arise
in instances that function both as logical publisher and physical
primary.

Regardless of this issue, I think we should provide separate waitlink
members for condition variables that can possibly be used
simultaneously.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi