Re: make BuiltinTrancheNames less ugly

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: make BuiltinTrancheNames less ugly
Date: 2024-01-23 14:42:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-Jan-23, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> ... oh, actually FreeBSD failed with this strange problem while linking:

I figured this out. For dtrace support, we need to run dtrace on all
the objects produced by the compilation step, but because I took
lwlock.o out of the objects used to produce the backend into its own
"library", it needs to be included explicitly. (I think this is not a
problem for things like nodes/copyfuncs.c only because those files don't
have any use of TRACE macros).

So here's v3, which now passes fully in CI.

I'm a total newbie to Meson, so it's likely that there are better ways
to implement this. I'll leave this here for a little bit in case
anybody wants to comment.

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"El sudor es la mejor cura para un pensamiento enfermo" (Bardia)

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Use-designated-initializers-for-BuiltinTrancheNam.patch text/x-diff 9.1 KB