cleanup patches for dshash

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cleanup patches for dshash
Date: 2024-01-19 21:59:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While working on the dynamic shared memory registry, I noticed a couple of
potential improvements for code that uses dshash tables.

* A couple of dshash_create() callers pass in 0 for the "void *arg"
parameter, which seemed weird. I incorrectly assumed this was some sort
of flags parameter until I actually looked at the function signature.
IMHO we should specify NULL here if arg is not used. 0001 makes this
change. This is admittedly a nitpick.

* There are no dshash compare/hash functions for string keys. 0002
introduces some that simply forward to strcmp()/string_hash(), and it
uses them for the DSM registry's dshash table. This allows us to remove
the hacky key padding code for lookups on this table.

Thoughts?

--
Nathan Bossart

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Use-NULL-instead-of-0-for-arg-parameter-in-dshash.patch text/x-diff 1.7 KB
v1-0002-Add-hash-compare-functions-for-dshash-tables-with.patch text/x-diff 3.1 KB