Re: brininsert optimization opportunity

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>, Soumyadeep Chakraborty <soumyadeep2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashwin Agrawal <ashwinstar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: brininsert optimization opportunity
Date: 2024-01-09 10:43:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-Jan-08, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> So I think we should do 0001 and perhaps some further tweaks to the
> original brininsert optimization commit: [...]

So I propose the attached patch, which should fix the reported bug and
the things I mentioned above, and also the typos Alexander mentioned
elsewhere in the thread.

> Lastly, I kinda disagree with the notion that only some of the callers
> of aminsert should call aminsertcleanup, even though btree doesn't have
> an aminsertcleanup and thus it can't affect TOAST or catalogs. [...]

I didn't do anything about this.

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-call-cleanup-in-validate_index.patch text/x-diff 7.2 KB