Re: Build versionless .so for Android

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: Matthias Kuhn <matthias(at)opengis(dot)ch>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Build versionless .so for Android
Date: 2024-01-05 20:34:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2024-01-05 16:00:01 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 01.01.24 06:25, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> > It looks like meson does not currently support building for android, the
> > following output is what I get (but I have actually no experience with
> > meson):
> >
> >     meson.build:320:2: ERROR: Problem encountered: unknown host system:
> > android
>
> FWIW, the meson source code contains numerous mentions of an 'android'
> platform, so it seems like this is expected to work.

This error is from our code, not meson's - the simplest fix would be to just
map android to linux, similar to how dragonflybsd is mapped to netbsd. Blind
attempt attached.

It looks like that might be all that's required, as it looks like meson knows
that android doesn't properly deal with soversion.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment Content-Type Size
android.diff text/x-diff 431 bytes