Re: Optimize walsender handling invalid messages of 'drop publication'

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Bowen Shi <zxwsbg12138(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Optimize walsender handling invalid messages of 'drop publication'
Date: 2023-06-26 21:13:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2023-06-26 15:01:22 +0800, Bowen Shi wrote:
> This issue has been pending for several months without any response.
> And this problem still exists in the latest minor versions of PG 12
> and PG 13.
>
> I believe that the fix in this patch is helpful.
>
> The patch has been submitted
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/43/4393/ . Anyone who is interested
> in this issue can help with the review.

ISTM that the path for people encountering this issue is to upgrade.

It's not unheard of that we'd backpatch a performance improvements to the
backbranches, but it's pretty rare. It's one thing to decide to backpatch an
optimization if it had time to "mature" in the development branch, but from
what I undestand you're proposing to apply this just to the back branches.

Greetings,

Andres Freund