Re: PL/Python: Fix return in the middle of PG_TRY() block.

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Xing Guo <higuoxing(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/Python: Fix return in the middle of PG_TRY() block.
Date: 2023-05-03 20:21:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here's a new version of the patch. Besides adding comments and a commit
message, I made sure to decrement the reference count for pltargs in the
PG_CATCH block (which means that pltargs likely needs to be volatile). I'm
not too wild about moving the chunk of code for pltargs like this, but I
haven't thought of a better option. We could error instead of returning
NULL, but IIUC that would go against d0aa965's stated purpose.

--
Nathan Bossart

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Fix-improper-returns-in-PG_TRY-blocks.patch text/x-diff 3.5 KB