Re: wake up logical workers after ALTER SUBSCRIPTION

From: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Melih Mutlu <m(dot)melihmutlu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2022-12-07 18:11:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 07, 2022 at 02:07:11PM +0300, Melih Mutlu wrote:
> Do we also need to wake up all sync workers too? Even if not, I'm not
> actually sure whether doing that would harm anything though.
> Just asking since currently the patch wakes up all workers including sync
> workers if any still exists.

After sleeping on this, I think we can do better. IIUC we can simply check
for AllTablesyncsReady() at the end of process_syncing_tables_for_apply()
and wake up the logical replication workers (which should just consiѕt of
setting the current process's latch) if we are ready for two_phase mode.

--
Nathan Bossart

Attachment Content-Type Size
v8-0001-wake-up-logical-workers-as-needed-instead-of-rely.patch text/x-diff 6.4 KB