Re: LogwrtResult contended spinlock

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
Subject: Re: LogwrtResult contended spinlock
Date: 2022-04-05 15:47:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here's a v8, where per my previous comment I removed some code that I
believe is no longer necessary.

I've omitted the patch that renames LogwrtResult subvariables into
LogWriteResult/LogWriteFlush; I still think the end result is better
after that one, but it's a pretty trivial change that can be dealt with
separately afterwards.

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Saca el libro que tu religión considere como el indicado para encontrar la

Attachment Content-Type Size
v8-0001-Split-LogwrtResult-into-separate-variables.patch text/x-diff 12.2 KB