Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Mark Rofail <markm(dot)rofail(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Joel Jacobson <joel(at)compiler(dot)org>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Zhihong Yu <zyu(at)yugabyte(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017: Foreign Key Arrays
Date: 2021-07-14 16:07:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2021-Jul-14, vignesh C wrote:

> The patch does not apply on Head anymore, could you rebase and post a
> patch. I'm changing the status to "Waiting for Author".

BTW I gave a look at this patch in the March commitfest and concluded it
still requires some major surgery that I didn't have time for. I did so
by re-reading early in the thread to understand what the actual
requirements were for this feature to work, and it seemed to me that the
patch started to derail at some point. I suggest that somebody needs to
write up exactly what we need, lest the patches end up implementing
something else.

I don't have time for this patch during the current commitfest, and I'm
not sure that I will during the next one. If somebody else wants to
spend time with it, ... be my guest.

--
Álvaro Herrera Valdivia, Chile — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Sallah, I said NO camels! That's FIVE camels; can't you count?"