Re: shared-memory based stats collector

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com
Cc: andres(at)anarazel(dot)de, gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: shared-memory based stats collector
Date: 2021-03-12 04:49:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Fri, 12 Mar 2021 10:38:00 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> At Fri, 12 Mar 2021 10:03:31 +0900, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com> wrote in
> > > I moved archiver from the current location to next to "walsenders"
> > > that is to be terminated along with archiver.
> > > The attached the only 0003 of the new version based on the last one
> > > from Fujii-san.
> >
> > Thanks for updating the patch! But you forgot to add the changes
> > related to pgprocno into the patch?
>
> Although I intentinally didn't do that because "it really doesn't
> matter", please wait for a while for the new version. I'm going to
> make PgArchData have only one member procno instead of replacing the
> struct with a single variable.

I noticed that I accidentally removed the launch-suppression feature
that is to avoid frequent relaunching. That mechanism is needed on
the postmaster side. I added PgArchIsSuppressed() to do the same check
with the old pgarch_start() and make it called as a part of
PgArchStartupAllowed().

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
v54-0003-Make-archiver-process-an-auxiliary-process.patch text/x-patch 23.8 KB