Re: ERROR: "ft1" is of the wrong type.

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: "ft1" is of the wrong type.
Date: 2021-02-19 08:30:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Thu, 18 Feb 2021 17:17:37 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in
> I can add some regression tests to cover all the live cases. That
> could reveal no-longer-used combinations.

The attached is that.

ATT_VIEW is used for "CREATE OR REPLACE view" and checked against
earlier in DefineVirtualRelation. But we can add a test to make sure
that is checked anywhere.

All other values can be exercised.

ATT_TABLE | ATT_MATVIEW
ATT_TABLE | ATT_MATVIEW | ATT_INDEX | ATT_PARTITIONED_INDEX
ATT_TABLE | ATT_MATVIEW | ATT_INDEX | ATT_PARTITIONED_INDEX |
ATT_FOREIGN_TABLE
ATT_TABLE | ATT_MATVIEW | ATT_FOREIGN_TABLE
ATT_TABLE | ATT_MATVIEW | ATT_INDEX | ATT_FOREIGN_TABLE
ATT_TABLE | ATT_PARTITIONED_INDEX
ATT_TABLE | ATT_VIEW | ATT_MATVIEW | ATT_INDEX
ATT_TABLE | ATT_VIEW | ATT_FOREIGN_TABLE:
ATT_FOREIGN_TABLE

These are provoked by the following commands respectively:

ALTER TABLE <view> CLUSTER ON
ALTER TABLE <view> SET TABLESPACE
ALTER TABLE <view> ALTER COLUMN <col> SET STATISTICS
ALTER TABLE <view> ALTER COLUMN <col> SET STORGE
ALTER TABLE <view> ALTER COLUMN <col> SET()
ALTER TABLE <view> ATTACH PARTITION
ALTER TABLE/INDEX <partidx> SET/RESET
ALTER TABLE <matview> ALTER <col> SET DEFAULT
ALTER TABLE/INDEX <pidx> ALTER COLLATION ..REFRESH VERSION
ALTER TABLE <view> OPTIONS ()

The following three errors are already excised.

ATT_TABLE
ATT_TABLE | ATT_FOREIGN_TABLE
ATT_TABLE | ATT_COMPOSITE_TYPE | ATT_FOREIGN_TABLE:

By the way, I find this as somewhat mystifying. I'm not sure it worth
fixing though..

ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW mv1 ALTER COLUMN a SET DEFAULT 1;
ERROR: "mv1" is not a table, view, or foreign table

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression_tests_for_ATWrongRelkindError.patch text/x-patch 13.1 KB