Re: Extending range type operators to cope with elements

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Georgios Kokolatos <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Esteban Zimanyi <ezimanyi(at)ulb(dot)ac(dot)be>
Subject: Re: Extending range type operators to cope with elements
Date: 2020-10-30 22:08:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 04:01:27PM +0000, Georgios Kokolatos wrote:
>Hi,
>
>thank you for your contribution.
>
>I did notice that the cfbot [1] is failing for this patch.
>Please try to address the issues if you can for the upcoming commitfest.

I took a look at the patch today - the regression failure was trivial,
the expected output for one query was added to the wrong place, a couple
lines off the proper place. Attached is an updated version of the patch,
fixing that.

I also reviewed the code - it seems pretty clean and in line with the
surrounding code in rangetypes.c. Good job Esteban! I'll do a bit more
review next week, and I'll see if I can get it committed.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-range-ext-20201030.patch text/plain 36.5 KB