Re: Range checks of pg_test_fsync --secs-per-test and pg_test_timing --duration

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Range checks of pg_test_fsync --secs-per-test and pg_test_timing --duration
Date: 2020-09-20 03:41:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 05:22:15PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Okay, after looking at that, here is v3. This includes range checks
> as well as errno checks based on strtol(). What do you think?

This fails in the CF bot on Linux because of pg_logging_init()
returning with errno=ENOTTY in the TAP tests, for which I began a new
thread:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200918095713.GA20887@paquier.xyz

Not sure if this will lead anywhere, but we can also address the
failure by enforcing errno=0 for the new calls of strtol() introduced
in this patch. So here is an updated patch doing so.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgtest-fix-range-v4.patch text/x-diff 6.8 KB